PROGRAMS > ECHO FUTSAL CLUB
Echo Futsal Club registration is open now through 10/31! The session will run from the week of November 5, 2018 to the week of Monday, January 7, 2019. For the 2018-2019 winter season, futsal training will be offered at a special introductory price of $135. Training will be at Echo Training Center with 1-2 hardcourt training sessions and optional tournaments.
|Monday||5:30 - 7:00||07-08 Girls|
|Monday||7:00 - 8:30||05-06 Girls|
|Tuesday||5:30 - 7:00||Academy (09-11) Girls|
|Tuesday||7:00 - 8:30||High School Girls|
|Wednesday||5:30 - 7:00||Academy (09-11) Boys|
|Wednesday||7:00 - 8:30||05-06 Boys|
|Thursday||5:30 - 7:00||07-08 Boys|
|Thursday||7:00 - 8:30||High School Boys|
What is Futsal?
Futsal is a faster paced, 5v5 game played on a smaller field with a smaller, low bounce ball. The game places a premium on quick decision-making and skills training translates well to soccer.
Echo's Futsal Program Director is Joe Zambrano. Joe is a former professional futsal player and coach. He will personally train each of our futsal teams.
-8 week program (November - January)
-Weekly 90 minute training sessions based on the Coerver Futsal Curriculum
-2-3 tournaments (additional cost), including the state tournament at the end of December
Program Director Joe Zambrano
Program Director Joe Zambrano is an experienced futsal player and coach at the highest levels of the sport. Joe played for the Venezuelan Futsal National Team for more than eight years, representing his country at the following international competitions:
- South American Futsal tournament, runner up (Brazil 2009)
- Bolivarian games, runner up (Bolivia 2009)
- Pan-American club cup, champions (Peru 2010)
Joe also played professional futsal in the Spanish Honor division for team Playas de Castellon in Valencia, Spain.
Joe is an experienced coach, serving as a former assistant coach and fitness trainer for the U-20 Venezuelan Futsal National Team.
As Program Director, Joe will run all training sessions for Echo Futsal Club.
- It allows players from the same team to train and play together during winter
- It combines team training, small sided games, and individual skills
- Small field and low number of players creates a fast pace and fosters quick thinking, lots of movement, and plenty of touches
- Coerver Futsal Curriculum was created by 2 of the most recognized Futsal professional players in the world, applying the Coerver principles for player development.
- Directed and coached by a true former professional futsal player and professional coach.
- Futsal skills and principles are applicable to outdoor soccer, making futsal a great winter supplement for player development
- Lots of FUN
Note: Echo Futsal Club training will consist of turf training supplemented by up to 2 hard court sessions and up to 3 tournaments.