What is TOPSoccer?
The Outreach Program for Soccer is a community-based training and team placement program for athletes with disabilities, organized by youth soccer association volunteers. The program is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any players, age 4 and up, who have a mental or physical disability. Our goal is to enable the thousands of young athletes with disabilities to become valued and successful members of the Indiana Soccer & US Youth Soccer families.
Our exceptional athletes will be accompanied by buddies and will participate in practices and games once a week.
WHO: Any player age 4 and up old that has been identified with a mental or physical disability
COST: Free! This is a Michiana Echo sponsored program & t-shirts will be provided.
WHEN: Fridays August 25, September 1, 15, 22 & 29 (no session on September 8th) from 6:00pm-7:00 pm. We will also be having a TOPSoccer day at the Holy Cross Men’s Soccer Game on Monday, September 4th.
WHERE: Michiana Echo Soccer Fields, Harris Township Park-10420 Brummitt Rd, Granger
CONTACT: Mary Schalliol: MichianaEchoTopsoccer@gmail.
REGISTRATION INFORMATION: REGISTER BY August 18, 2017
TOPSoccer registration is performed by Indiana Soccer and is filed with Special Olympics Indiana to provide medical insurance for our players while participating in soccer.
Forms Needed to Register:
- Develop skilled, confident and creative players
- Make the game fun to practice and play
- Teach good sportsmanship and respect for all
- Value winning but not more than character and performance
- Provide a safe & educational experience that meets best practice criteria
- All Premier teams will be paired with advance-licensed coaches that have Coerver training.
- All club teams will continue to be led by qualified, licensed coaches.
- Echo will provide all of our coaches improved access to resources for players of all abilities.
Strength and Conditioning
- In partnership with a qualified strength and conditioning coach, Echo will introduce an age-appropriate strength and conditioning program that will be available to all club players.
- As part of their normal practice routine, Premier teams will be trained weekly for 30-45 minutes directly by a qualified strength and conditioning coach.
- Select, Blue and Academy teams will also have access to strength and conditioning programming.
- Echo will introduce a club-wide nutrition program in partnership with nutrition experts that will be available to all players.
- In partnership with a qualified mental skills professional that has provided services to Major League Soccer, Echo will introduce mental skills training for all players in the club.
- Premier teams will participate in mental skills training modules for 30-45 minutes weekly.
- Select, Blue and Academy teams will have the ability to participate in mental skills training modules for an additional fee.
Camps / Clinics
- Coerver Coaching Performance Academies operate around the world with the aim of maximizing individual player development. This is achieved by providing each player with the professional coaching, age specific Technical and Physiological programs, and an extensive support program on and off the training field.
- Our aim is to develop confident and creative players while teaching essential social skills such as good sportsmanship and respect, in addition to a good attitude and practice play.
- We want to provide positive instruction for each camper and ensure development in critical areas such as – Technical, Physical, Physiological and Mental. We want to provide each camper with an experience which is developmental and fun.
- The camp is designed for every level of player – Beginner, intermediate and advanced.
Register now for the 2017 Summer Performance Academy!